top of page

Bringing Families Together When They May Be Oceans Away.

One of the most rewarding parts of practicing immigration law is to assist U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents sponsor their family members who may be separated due to differing immigration status.


Spouses and Children

Both U.S. citizens and LPRs have the right to sponsor their spouses for residency. Depending on the circumstances, this process is handled domestically or abroad at a consulate. In the case of married couples, an in-person interview is required. We regularly assist families in procuring a visa, prepping for interviews, and handling follow-up applications where needed.


Parents and Siblings

U.S. citizens may also sponsor their parents and siblings. By law, there is never a quota backlog for parents, although the sibling wait times can be quite long. We assist families through this process, including in preparation for interviews at consulates abroad.



U.S. citizens may also sponsor their Fiance/ees residing abroad, granting them the ability to enter the U.S. for a marriage ceremony. This pathway then allows for adjustment of status, enabling one to receive a Green Card thereafter.

The Galati Law firm has significant experience in helping families navigate the U.S. immigration system. If you would like to schedule a consultation, contact us today.

bottom of page